Thank you for your interest in joining the Free to Breathe staff.
We are seeking:
Support Line Manager
Support Line Manager
Are you ready to use your compassion for others and oncology background to help defeat lung cancer? Free to Breathe is a growing non-profit organization dedicated to doubling the lung cancer survival rate. We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time (20 hours/week) Support Line Manager who is responsible for providing one-on-one educational information and connection to resources for patients, caregivers, and other callers to the Free to Breathe Support Line.
- Ensure that calls are handled promptly and meet required quality assurance and constituent service guidelines
- Communicate with patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals via phone, email and written correspondence in a professional and compassionate manner
- Provide patients, caregivers, and others with in-depth information about lung cancer in a simple and understandable manner
- Perform follow-up work for assigned cases, including tracking information and data from calls and emails
Key Success Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, health or related field; and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the nonprofit, oncology or healthcare space, OR a minimum of 5 years equivalent combination of education & industry experience required
- Lung cancer specific experience, and RN or LCSW strongly preferred
- Ability and willingness to learn and understand extensive information about lung cancer, treatments, side effects, symptom management, and additional resources
- Ability to cultivate a broad and up to date knowledge of lung cancer advocacy best practices and trends
- A strong sensitivity and compassion for those affected by a terminal illness coupled with an innate ability to empathize with the loss and painful journey experienced by Free to Breathe's constituents
- Superior communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment and interact with all levels of an organization and the public
- Willingness to work in an atmosphere requiring innovation, flexibility and change, and manage these areas for success
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity working on a Mac or PC operating system
Key Success Attributes:
- Madison, WI office headquarters
Do you have the heart of a superhero? Are you looking to help out others and be a part of something that is bigger than yourself? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people fighting cancer? If so, Free to Breathe needs YOU! We are a non-profit organization dedicated to doubling the lung cancer survival rate by the year 2022. We support and fund innovative lung cancer research through fundraising events held throughout the country. It is an exciting and energetic group of people involved with our organization!
However, funding research and fundraising is a lot of work and that is why we need smart, energetic, and dedicated volunteer superheroes like you – who deep down want to make a difference in the world! Our volunteer schedules are flexible, with most jobs requiring 1-2 hours per week.
Typical volunteer opportunities include:
- Counting and banding educational materials for distribution
- Assembling patient packets
- Inventory assistance
- General office assistance
- Special projects and much more!
- If you are the superhero we seek, email email@example.com and let us know you are ready to start volunteering today and join the movement to defeat lung cancer!
Free to Breathe provides a comprehensive, competitive benefits package:
Health and Wellness Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Summer Hours Program
- Flexible Work Schedules
Financial Security & Retirement Benefits
- Group Term Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- Employer paid Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance Program
- Will Preparation Program
- Work/Life Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking at the National Office
- Professional Development/Education Opportunities
Interested? Apply today!
Learn about our values.
Free to Breathe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender or military status in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, provision of services, staff employment and selection of board members, volunteers and vendors.