Thank you for your interest in joining the Free to Breathe staff.
Do you feel drawn to a larger purpose? Do people tell you that you are skilled at working with others and empowering them for greatness? Are your organizational skills unparalleled? If so, take a look at Free to Breathe, a growing non-profit organization dedicated to doubling lung cancer survival. Free to Breathe has an exciting opportunity for an energetic and detail oriented Administrative Assistant who is responsible for supporting the events staff, participants and fundraisers through ongoing service and guidance. If you are looking to work in an inspiring environment, with a supportive team, and for a heroic cause look no further! Start your new career today and join the movement to defeat lung cancer!
Typical responsibilities include:
- Efficient and error-free input and maintenance of constituent database information including event donations, registrations, and revenue.
- Implementation, follow up and acknowledgement of event sponsorships.
- Run and format various event reports for each national event
- Serve as the primary point of contact to provide support and respond to all email and phone inquiries for Free to Breathe events.
- Coordinate event merchandise and materials procurement and maintain appropriate event program inventory.
- Manage fundraising incentive orders and mailings.
- Assist in drafting event and program specific materials and resources, and Letters of Understanding.
- Assist with event day financial reconciliation.
- Assist with preparation and details for bi-annual Free to Breathe Forum
- Support department meetings by taking minutes, writing welcome and thank you notes, and maintaining event postings, files and records.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- A combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience, ideally in a non-profit environment.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a results-oriented culture of accountability.
- Madison, WI
- No relocation assistance is provided
- Email a cover letter, resume, references & salary history to email@example.com
- No phone calls please
- Application deadline is April 5, 2015
Learn about our values.
Free to Breathe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender or military status in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, provision of services, staff employment and selection of board members, volunteers and vendors.