How Your Support Helps
Free to Breathe is fully committed to our vision of doubling lung cancer survival by 2022. Here's how we'll do it:
ACCELERATING RESEARCH through:
- Research grants, including young investigator and other awards with total funding topping $4.3 million for lifesaving research since 2005. In 2014, we launched our new grant program focused on stopping metastasis, or the spread of disease.
- The Lung Cancer Mutation Consortium, a partnership of institutions across the country helping patients get their tumors tested for characteristics that can be targeted by the most effective therapies.
INCREASING THE NUMBER OF PATIENTS IN CLINICAL TRIALS through:
EMPOWERING THE LUNG CANCER COMMUNITY through:
- Living With a Diagnosis of Lung Cancer, a resource booklet for newly diagnosed patients (also available in Spanish). Download (PDF) >
- Other online patient resources, including screening information, extended print resource content, inspirational stories, and more.
- The Free to Breathe event series, bringing the movement to double lung cancer survival to communities nationwide.
- Our community fundraising program, empowering individuals, families and communities to raise funding for crucial research & patient programs.
- Public awareness resources, helping people understand the symptoms and risks of lung cancer.
- Grassroots advocacy opportunities, with an expanding network of grassroots advocates working to defeat lung cancer.
- Print & e-newsletters, with the latest news about lung cancer research and treatments.
- Blog & social media posts, with featured clinical trials.
- Additional information on our website with the latest updates in these fields.
Read more about how the Free to Breathe is changing lives in our 2014 Annual Report.
More financial information:
2013 Annual Report, 990 & Audited Financials
2012 Annual Report, 990 & Audited Financials
2011 Annual Report, 990 & Audited Financials
View our financial information on Guidestar.
A copy of the latest Financial Report and Registrations filed by this organization may be obtained by contacting us by phone, email, fax or mail. The following states require notices of financial statement availability: Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia.